This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

input data only and single exe solver without .net dependency & suggested basic feature

Jan 1, 2015 at 8:16 AM
Hi Dev,

Is possible to provide single exe solver for BriefFE without .net dependency, as many structural analisys program with input data create by user. As generate text output to make further post-processing.

Another suggested for BriefFE featured are:
  • rigid end offset, modified effective length shorten and stiffened in element stiffness matrix
  • p-delta, additional geometric stiffness matrix, need to create separate load case since is a nonlinear iteration.
Regards,
Coordinator
Jan 1, 2015 at 8:37 AM
rhoka wrote:
Is possible to provide single exe solver for BriefFE without .net dependency, as many structural analisys program with input data create by user. As generate text output to make further post-processing.
It is possible to create a single exe file which gets text file input and give text file output, and should be pretty simple but as library is pure .net code, it will need .NET Framework be installed on computer to run (like other .net apps)
rhoka wrote:
Another suggested for BriefFE featured are:
  • rigid end offset, modified effective length shorten and stiffened in element stiffness matrix
Can you participate in mathematical formulation of these parts?
rhoka wrote:
  • p-delta, additional geometric stiffness matrix, need to create separate load case since is a nonlinear iteration.
I think i'll include nonlinear (both material non linearity and geometrical non linearity) into another library and keep this one linear.

Regards
Jan 1, 2015 at 9:14 PM
Edited Jan 1, 2015 at 10:09 PM
Element length are using effective for all stiffness including axial, bending and torque which is less stand node to node element length. This make element shorten and more stiff ( Leff=L-(ri + rj))

Above are stiffness of frame member stiffness matrix without rigid end offset being considered. Some modification are required to account rigid end offset:
  • Translation v corresponding to M add (12EI*r/Leff^3)
  • rotation theta corresponding to V add (12EI*r/Leff^3)
  • rotation theta corresponding to M add (12EIr/Leff^2) and (12EIr/Leff^3)
I'm out of home now, will send some pages from a textbook were this method derived.

About single exe BriefFE and text input, can you please provide links.

Thanx you
Coordinator
Jan 2, 2015 at 7:57 AM
Seems it need more amount of work than I though.
I did coded a section for importing frame3dd file format into Model instance, but i think still need a little piece of work which I will do in next days and will provide exe file for you.

Regards
Jan 2, 2015 at 9:49 AM
I know Frame3DD for so long before and took some comparison is good and have more feature. Program capable to calculate p-delta effect and rigid end offset but can not modeling end realese or partial stiffness connection.

I looking for another solver and found your library, sadly it don't provide single exe solver as frame3dd so I can't use BriefFE for take comparison/verification.

Thx u,
Coordinator
Jan 26, 2015 at 1:21 PM
Hi rhoka,
Are you familiar with XML?
Jan 26, 2015 at 10:47 PM
epsi1on wrote:
Hi rhoka,
I am very familiar with XML, but, "Why do you ask ..." ?
Coordinator
Jan 27, 2015 at 5:50 AM
hframe wrote:
epsi1on wrote:
Hi rhoka,
I am very familiar with XML, but, "Why do you ask ..." ?
I've asked user with rhoka username :)
Thank you