This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

First steps

Dec 8, 2015 at 12:32 PM
Hi, first thanks for this great project, I like it very well.

I am a civil engineering student with good skills of FEM but not too much for C#
I've got several errors and can't understand very well the 2 examples, My problems are:

1) When I open the solution, I build it, then 2 errors appear: The name 'InitializeComponent' does not exist in the current context & The name 'VisualizerControl' does not exist in the current context.

2) The build is accomplished with errors, when I try to add nodes at SimpleUI, the debug stops in this line: var dim = new double[] { maxX - minX, maxY - minY, maxZ - minZ }.Where(i => Math.Abs(i) > epsi1on).Min();

3) I didn't find where to put the example charateristics (Geometry) to show after in the modelTraceListener, also I didn't find the ModelTraceListener.

I Google these problems but without issue, any help?
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2015 at 11:24 AM

Can you please put a picture for #1 (error screenshot)?

About #2, probably you’ve set a breakpoint on it.

About #3, can you explain a bit more?

Thanks

Dec 9, 2015 at 3:28 PM
Edited Dec 9, 2015 at 3:31 PM
Hi,
for these errors, I did a big mistake when I opened directly the solution and tried to build it, I will mark the answer to that soon (when I understand it well).

I create a new Wpf, and put the example number 1 (of the tutorial in codeproject) in the main of the new project, then I add the Reference BriefFiniteElementNet. Then, when I try to build it, these errors appear and block me, any help please?

Error CS0246 The type or namespace name 'TrussElement' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Error CS1061 'NodeCollection' does not contain a definition for 'AddRange' and no extension method 'AddRange' accepting a first argument of type 'NodeCollection' could be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
Coordinator
Dec 9, 2015 at 7:04 PM

Yes you are right, there are some changes in code since the tutorial. TrussElement is renamed to ‘TrussElement2Nodeyou should please rename ‘TrussElement’ to ‘TrussElement2Node’ in your code and first error will disappear.

For second error, I’ve made some changes in code you should update code (see here: http://brieffiniteelementnet.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Download%20latest%20source%20code%20of%20project&referringTitle=Documentation)

Thanks

Dec 9, 2015 at 8:31 PM
Great! it works

thanks a lot
Coordinator
Dec 11, 2015 at 8:47 AM

Ok,

Are you familiar with DKT element (discrete-kirchhoff)?

Dec 12, 2015 at 11:06 PM
I know it (I've seen it last year during the FEM subject), and i can understand it:
I took a look here and it seems easy:

TEXT

I'am ready to contribute from 20 Jan because my final exams make me very busy. I will be avaible for 6 months.
Coordinator
Dec 13, 2015 at 12:19 PM
saddemo wrote:
I know it (I've seen it last year during the FEM subject), and i can understand it:
I took a look here and it seems easy:

TEXT

I'am ready to contribute from 20 Jan because my final exams make me very busy. I will be avaible for 6 months.
I've asked you to help because you did said that you have good skills in FEM itself.
Anyways sounds good for me,
Thank you and i'll wait until Jan 20 and hopefully we'll implement DKT and probably DKQ for plate bending elements.

Regards